Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sylvia Ji.

     Sylvia Ji is one of my favorite painters. She is at once spiritual, enigmatic, and yet whimsically funny. Above all else, it is perhaps beauty that emerges as her defining characteristic, and her art reflects this: an   extension  of herself; a passionate appreciation, of simple aesthetic please fused with intimately complex subject matter.  Her paintings built on the present and beyond fascinating expressions of love, lust, beauty, delicacy and passion. For this reason, I absolutely love her art. Her paintings are sugar skulls. Not a lot of artist can do them right but Sylvia is an expert. I think it's different from what most people think art is and I find her work dark, beautiful, different and mysterious. 


Sylvia Ji


Some of her art: ( my favorites )

Requiem

Blackout

Black Domina


Moonflower




No comments:

Post a Comment